Murray Mazda Chilliwack is a growing auto Dealership always looking for new candidates to join our award winning team! We are closed Sundays and Holidays, open Monday – Saturday. We are always accepting Resumes, contact us for more information or apply today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
NOW HIRING: Controller
Murray Mazda is looking for an experienced automotive Controller to join our team!
We are seeking a candidate who is detail oriented, analytical, highly organized, proactive, willing to help, and always takes initiative. We hire like-minded individuals who fit our company culture and who are driven to succeed. Experience in the automotive industry and knowledge of dealership PBS CRM system and Microsoft computer systems are considered an asset.
Overview of the role:
This candidate will be responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Set financial policies for the dealership and provide financial information to measure efficiencies and effectiveness.
- General accounting functions, including processing of vehicle deals, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliation, payroll and cash management.
- Knowledge of Mazda’s standard accounting policies.
- Analytical financial analysis and discussion with management.
- Ensure that the accounting records are maintained in an organized and accurate manner at all times.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls, conducts and participates in internal and external audits.
- Prepare and review financial statements and budgets, to ensure business processes are cost effective and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with associated departments, e.g. sales, service, parts.
- Submit reports, proposals, records and other required documents in a timely manner.
- Manage accounting and payroll activities to ensure compliance to laws and regulations.
- Review the accounting process and develop improvement plans.
- Participate as a member of the management leadership team.
- Group benefits administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Positive attitude, adaptable, team player, leader, good judgment.
- Strong attention to detail; timely, accurate, and error-free work results.
- Analytical, assessment and organizational skills with systematic and logical work style that promotes effective problem solving abilities.
- Collaborative and flexible leadership style while demonstrating ambition, initiative, and decisiveness.
- Communicates clearly and persuasively, and displays active listening skills.
- Works under pressure, meets deadlines, and utilizes effective time management skills.
- Positive, inclusive, and encouraging attitude while seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the accounting field.
- Degree or Diploma in accounting, economics, finance, or business administration with accounting designation.
- Financial knowledge to understand budgets and improve financial results.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office, accounting software and PBS CRM system.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)