Welcome to what will be the first of an on-going monthly blog series where we will share helpful tips and information with the hope that it will provide useful tidbits for you, the reader. We’ll be covering many topics including what to expect when buying, financing advantages, recommended services, trading-in your current vehicle, and more. For any questions and comments you might have for future blog entries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for finding the right vehicle for you and your family Part-1
If you haven’t purchased a vehicle in many years or are searching for a new family car, it can be difficult to know where to start. How do you find the car that will exactly suit your lifestyle and budget for years to come? It can take a little research and planning. Once you know the kind of car you want, then you can decide whether you want to buy a new car, choose to own a used truck, or lease a new SUV
What are my wants and needs?
The “right option” depends on who you are and what you expect from your new vehicle. Some like to go for spirited drives on weekends (Fast and loud). In those cases, practicality tends to take a back seat to how the car makes you feel. Some of us like to make a statement with our cars (“I’m helping the environment” or “I love sleek and clean”).
For those who need a car to meet a certain lifestyle, functionality should trump form. Here are some helpful considerations to lend a hand:
Is there an option or feature in my current vehicle that I like and want in the vehicle I’m looking for?
- ✔️Is there an option or feature in my current vehicle that I like and want in the vehicle I’m looking for?
- ✔️What type of driving do I do? Is it primarily highway, urban, or off-road?
- ✔️Do you have a long commute and, if so, is fuel economy important to you?
- ✔️What safety features are important to me? For example, do I want blind-spot monitoring, lane departure warning and/or front collision avoidance?
- ✔️Are there any features that my current vehicle doesn’t have that I’d really like to see in my new one?
- ✔️How much garage or parking space do I have?
- ✔️Do I need all-wheel drive?
- ✔️Are features the most important thing, or my monthly/bi-weekly budget?
- ✔️What cargo capacity/trunk space do I need for my daily usage?
- ✔️Will I be using children’s car seats or boosters?
- ✔️How much of a factor does warranty play in my decision?
- ✔️How many people do I need to carry in this vehicle?
Next entry we’ll discuss what budget options are available and setting your budget. Thank you for reading and we hope it was helpful.