Mazda Unlimited Warranty
STANDARD ON ALL NEW MODELS
Introducing the first-of-its-kind warranty* that lets you drive as much as you want, as far as you want. Standard on all 2015 vehicles and later.
Mazda vehicles are designed to be driven, and to prove it, we’ve introduced Mazda Unlimited – the only warranty program of its kind in Canada.
Mazda Unlimited features unlimited mileage for our 3-YEAR New Vehicle, 3-YEAR Roadside Assistance, 5-YEAR Powertrain and 7-YEAR Anti-Perforation warranties, so you can focus on every thrilling moment spent behind the wheel instead of the odometer.
Standard on all new models.
NOTE: This is a general guide to Mazda warranty coverage and the warranty coverage can vary between Mazda models or could be different between model years. Always refer to your warranty information booklet for the exact warranty coverage on your vehicle. While we strive to maintain this web site information accurately and without errors, the terms and conditions outlined in the warranty information booklet will prevail.
Mazda warrants that your new Mazda Vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions. A MAZDA DEALER will make necessary repairs, using new or remanufactured parts, to correct any problem covered by this warranty without charge to you.
BASIC COVERAGE PERIOD
2015 MODEL YEAR AND NEWER*:
Any component of a Mazda Vehicle is covered for 36 months/unlimited kilometres from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Mazda Vehicle.
2000–2014 MODEL YEARS:
Any component of a Mazda Vehicle is covered for 36 months or 80,000 kilometres, whichever comes first, from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Mazda Vehicle.
The items specified below are covered for periods different from the basic coverage:
2015 MODEL YEAR AND NEWER:
Service adjustments, that is, minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts, are covered for the first 12 months/unlimited kilometres.
2000–2014 MODEL YEARS:
Service adjustments, that is, minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts, are covered for the first 12 months or 20,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
NOTE: Adjustments required to conform to a province-approved emission short test are subject to the applicable emission warranty coverage.
AIR CONDITIONER REFRIGERANT CHARGE
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometrage. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT BATTERY
2015 MODEL YEAR:
Fully covered within basic warranty period of 36 months/unlimited kilometres.
2014 OR PREVIOUS MODEL YEAR MAZDA VEHICLES:
The originally equipped battery is fully covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometrage. After 12 months but within 24 months, 50% of the replacement battery's suggested retail price will be your responsibility. After 24 months but within 36 months, 75% of the replacement battery's suggested retail price will be your responsibility. The rest, including labour charge, is covered by Mazda.
MAZDA ADDED PROTECTION (MAP)
Additional Mechanical Repair Protection is available through your authorized Mazda dealer. Ask for details. Please see the MAP section to determine which plan is best for you.
Mazda's Roadside Assistance Program provides emergency assistance for your Mazda Vehicle during the 3-year limited warranty period. If you purchase a MAP plan, Mazda's Roadside Assistance Program will cover you for the duration of the MAP plan. Towing will be provided to the nearest authorized Mazda Dealer. Please refer to the Mazda Roadside Assistance Brochure for specific program information or call the nearest Mazda dealer to request towing assistance.
This warranty is applicable to Mazda Vehicles registered and normally operated in Canada. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferable to subsequent owners. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact your Mazda dealer for assistance.
FACTORS BEYOND THE MANUFACTURER'S CONTROL
- Misuse of the Mazda Vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, snowplowing, etc. (Proper usage is described in your owner's manual.)
- Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc.
- Alteration, modification, tampering, etc.
- If the vehicle has been classified a total loss and/or sold for salvage purposes or branded for any other reasons.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as: Acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other natural disasters.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Removal of the vehicle from the warranty-applicable market for which it was produced.
DAMAGE DUE TO LACK OF MAINTENANCE OR THE USE OF WRONG FUEL, OIL OR LUBRICANTS
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner's Manual. (Failure to properly maintain your vehicle can result in your warranty being voided either in whole or in part.)
- Improper maintenance, the use of other than specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owner's Manual.
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, deformation, blur, etc.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Mazda Vehicle.
MAINTENANCE IS AT OWNER'S EXPENSE
- Normal maintenance services such as cleaning and polishing, lubrication and replenishment or replacement of oil, fluid, coolant, worn wiper blades, filters, worn brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, fuses, keyless transmitter batteries, etc.
- Maintenance services described as "Scheduled Maintenance Services," "Owner Maintenance Services" or "Appearance Care" in your Owner's Manual.
- Any repair of a Mazda Vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance travelled cannot be readily determined.
- (When replacing the speedometer, the "Speedometer Replacement Record" in the warranty Information Booklet must be filled in by a Mazda Dealer.)
EXTRA EXPENSES AND DAMAGES
- Any financial loss, for example: due to loss of use of Mazda Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and any other expenses or damages.
- Tires are warranted by the tire manufacturers. Refer to the tire warranty pamphlets provided with your Mazda Vehicle for details.
You are responsible for properly operating and maintaining your Mazda Vehicle in accordance with the instructions and maintenance schedule described in your Owner's Manual.
YOU SHOULD RETAIN MAINTENANCE RECORDS SINCE IT MAY BE NECESSARY IN SOME INSTANCES FOR YOU TO SHOW THAT THE REQUIRED MAINTENANCE HAS BEEN PERFORMED. THE "SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE RECORD" IN YOUR WARRANTY INFORMATION BOOKLET SHOULD BE FILLED IN WHEN SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE IS PERFORMED. KEEP ALL RECEIPTS AND MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IN CASE QUESTIONS ABOUT MAINTENANCE ARISE.
TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE
You must take your Mazda Vehicle, along with the warranty booklet supplied with the vehicle upon delivery, to a Mazda dealer in Canada or the United States during normal service hours and prior to the expiration of the warranty period. While any Mazda Dealer will perform warranty service, Mazda recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your Mazda Vehicle because you have already established a relationship with them.
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding this warranty, please contact your Mazda dealer.
The liability of Mazda under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of parts defective in Mazda-supplied material, or workmanship by a Mazda dealer at its place of business. Specifically, it does not include any expense of or payment for loss of use of the Mazda Vehicle during warranty repairs.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from province to province.
All Implied Warranties, including but not limited to any regarding marketability or fitness for a particular purpose, are limited respectively to the duration of this warranty.
Some provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
†Mazda Unlimited refers only to an unlimited mileage warranty program under the terms of which there are no mileage limitations on the following specific Mazda warranties: (i) 3-year new vehicle; (ii) 3-year roadside assistance; (iii) 5-year powertrain; and (iv) 7-year anti-perforation. Mazda Unlimited is applicable only to 2015 and later models. All Mazda warranties remain subject to the terms, limitations and restrictions available at MAZDAUNLIMITED.CA.
Mazda Limited Warranty
The basic warranty for Mazda vehicles covers all parts found to be factory defective for 36 months or 80,000 km (60,000 km for the B-Series), whichever comes first. Additional warranties cover powertrain components for a period of 5 years or 100,000 km, whichever comes first. The 2004–2011 RX-8 rotary short engine (engine core only) is covered for an additional period ending at 96 months or 160,000 km. Body sheet metal perforation for 8 years and unlimited mileage (on 2013 model year and newer) and specific emission control components for up to 8 years or 128,000 km.
Exclusions from coverage for all Mazda vehicles are limited to maintenance items or adjustments (repairs not requiring parts replacement) on vehicles over 12 months old or 20,000 km and repairs due to normal wear and tear. Ask your MAZDA DEALER for additional information.
Replacement parts: Parts or accessories replaced/installed under warranty are covered for the time remaining in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Service adjustments: Service adjustments, minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts.
Powertrain components: See list in Powertrain Section.
Perforation: Covers perforated panels (rust through) due to defects in material or workmanship under normal use.
Emission defect: Only 3 components are covered: Catalytic Converter, Electronic Emissions Control Unit (P.C.M.) and the On Board Emissions Diagnostic Device.
Safety restraint parts list: Seatbelts and related components, Supplemental Air Bag system.
Mazda warrants that the powertrain components of your new Mazda Vehicle are free from defects in Mazda-supplied material or workmanship which results in improper function, subject to the following terms and conditions. A Mazda dealer will make necessary repairs, using new or remanufactured genuine Mazda parts to correct any problem covered by this warranty without charge to you.
- Rotary Engine (for RX-8): Rotor housings, side housings and all internal parts, front cover and all internal parts, intake manifold, flywheel, oil pan, metering oil pump, oil cooler, engine mounts, water pump, charge air cooler, gaskets and seals.
- Engine: Cylinder block, head and all internal parts, timing cover, gears, sprockets and timing chain or belt, intake manifold, flywheel and pilot bearing, oil pump and chain, valve cover, oil pan, oil cooler, engine mounts, gaskets and seals.
- Transmission/Transaxle: Transmission case and all internal parts, torque converter, transmission mounts, external oil cooler, gaskets and seals.
- Drivetrain: Differential housing and all internal parts, drive axle and constant velocity joints, propeller shaft, centre bearing and universal joints, internally lubricated bearings, boots, gaskets and seals.
- Drivetrain (4x4): Transfer case and all internal parts, freewheel hub and all internal parts, remote freewheel and all internal parts, gaskets and seals.
- Cylinder Block (Engine): Connecting rods and bearings, core plugs, crankshaft, bearing and seals, front cover, gaskets and seals, oil pan, gaskets and seals oil pump and shaft, pistons, pins and rings and other internal parts.
- Valvetrain (Engine): Camshafts and bearings, fuel pump eccentric, rocker arm, shafts and pivots, timing sprockets and chain, belt, belt tensioner and cover, valve lifters, push rods and cover, valves, springs, dampers and retainers and other internal parts.
- Cylinder Head (Engine): Core plugs, gaskets, and valve covers and other internal parts.
- Exhaust Manifold (Engine)
- Intake Manifold (Engine): Baffles, gaskets and seals.
- Water Pump and gasket (Engine)
- Fuel Injection Pump and Lines (Engine)
- Front Drive Axle (4x4): Front drive axle housing and all internal parts, drive axles, gaskets and seals, CV joints and axle bearings.
- Rear Drive Axle: Rear drive axle housing and all internal parts, drive axles, gaskets and seals, rear wheel axle bearings.
- Driveshaft: Driveshaft assembly, slip yoke, support bearings and universal joints.
- Manual Transmission: Auxiliary transmission and all internal parts, clutch housing, flywheel, housing and cover, gaskets and seals, pilot bearing, starter ring gear and transfer case and all internal parts.
- Automatic Transmission: Case and all internal parts, oil pan, gasket and seals, torque converter and flex plate.
- Engine: Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head, and All Internal Lubricated Parts (Piston engines), Rotor Housing and All Internal Lubricated Parts (Rotary engines), Timing gears, Timing chain/belt and tensioner, Timing chain/belt front cover and gaskets, Flywheel, Valve Covers and Gaskets, Oil Pan, Oil Pump, Oil Metering Pump, Intake Manifold and Gaskets, Exhaust Manifold and Gaskets, Engine Mounts, Turbocharger Housing and All Internal Parts, Supercharger Housing and All Internal Parts, Water Pump and Gaskets, Thermostat and Gaskets, Fuel Pump, Seals and Gaskets.
- Transmission and Transaxle: Transmission Case and All Internal Parts, Torque converter, Clutch Pressure Plate, Transmission Mounts, Transfer Case and All Internal Parts, Transmission/Transaxle Control Module.
- Front/Rear Drive System: Final Drive Housing and all Internally Lubricated Parts, Rear Axle Housing (Differential) and all Internally Lubricated Parts, Manual and Automatic Hub (4x4), Front Wheel Hubs and Bearing (FWD Transaxles), Rear Axle/Hub Bearing (RWD and AWD only), Axle/Drive Shafts, Universal Joints, Constant Velocity Joints, Propeller shaft (RWD and AWD only), Seals and Gaskets.
The liability of Mazda under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of parts defective in Mazda-supplied material or workmanship by a Mazda dealer at its place of business. Specifically, it does not include any expense of, or related to, transportation to such a dealer or payment for loss of use of the Mazda vehicle during warranty repairs.
*Some 2012 models may also have a customer-purchased 96-Month/Unlimited Kilometre Perforation Warranty (verify with eMate).
**2004–2011 RX-8 Rotary Engine Core Limited Warranty: 96-Month/160,000 km. Covered Components: Rotor housing and Internal Parts, Oil Pan, Oil Pump, Water Pump and Internal Seals and Gaskets.
***Replacement Parts: Parts or accessories replaced/installed under warranty are covered for the time remaining in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
****Warranty Coverage Increased on all 2015MY vehicles on November 14, 2014.
Please note this guide is to be used strictly as a quick reference. The exact warranty coverage information is found in the Warranty Information Booklet.
Mazda Added Protection (MAP)
Mazda Added Protection (MAP)
Extend your peace of mind motoring with Mazda Added Protection (MAP).
When you purchase a new 2015 or later model year Mazda, you are included in our new Mazda Unlimited Warranty program – a first-of-its-kind warranty that lets you drive as much as you want, as far as you want. To complement the unlimited mileage warranty, MAP plans of 48 months and 60 months with unlimited mileage are available for you to purchase.
Additional extended MAP coverage is also available for 2015 and later model year owners for 72/120,000 km, 72/160,000 km, 84/160,000 km and 84/200,000 km.
If you lease your Mazda, your lease agreement and contract does not make allowances for unlimited kilometres. All Terms and Conditions of your financial lease agreement remain in place for kilometre allowances, payments and penalties.
2015 AND LATER VEHICLE COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE PLANS
48 months/unlimited mileage
60 months/unlimited mileage
72 months/120,000 km
72 months/160,000 km
84 months/160,000 km
84 months/200,000 km
Whether you lease or buy your new Mazda vehicle, there is a broad selection of MAP plans to meet your specific coverage requirements.
The New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans are ideal for individuals who lease a Mazda vehicle and want comprehensive coverage throughout the lease term. If you decide to purchase your Mazda at the expiration of the lease, you can purchase additional comprehensive component coverage for up to 84 months/200,000 km at that time.
The New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans are also ideal for individuals who purchase a new Mazda and would like the option to purchase additional comprehensive component coverage for up to 84 months/160,000 km at a later date.
2014 AND EARLIER VEHICLE COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE PLAN
36 months/80,000 km*
42 months/100,000 km*
48 months/100,000 km*
60 months/100,000 km
72 months/120,000 km
72 months/160,000 km
84 months/160,000 km
84 months/200,000 km
NEW VEHICLE ADD COVERAGE PLANS
84 months/200,000 km
- Prolong your driving pleasure beyond the manufacturer's warranty period for up to 7 years/200,000 km.
- Choose from a number of plans offering time, distance and coverage options.
- Mazda Added Protection plans are fully backed and administered by Mazda Canada Inc.
- Mazda Canada and Mazda dealers have a vested interest in customer satisfaction.
- Mazda dealers know your Mazda – our factory-trained technicians use only quality replacement parts.
PERSONAL BUDGET PROTECTION
- Budget concerns are generally a factor when purchasing or leasing a vehicle. Protect against unusual repair expenses for up to 7 years, avoiding the financial burden that unexpected repairs could create.
VALID IN CANADA AND CONTINENTAL USA
- Any Mazda dealer in Canada or the Continental USA will tend to your service needs.
REPAIR INFLATION PROTECTION
- Protect against future inflation on repair costs for parts and labour.
ENHANCED RESALE VALUE
- A well-maintained vehicle in good working order with remaining Mazda Added Protection will have a greater value to future owners.
PREMIUM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
- Each Mazda Added Protection agreement includes Premium Roadside Assistance for the duration of the coverage.
- Highlights include: towing, winching, battery boost, out of fuel, tire service, lock-out service, emergency travel expense reimbursement, travel planning and dealer locator.
- Mazda Added Protection is fully transferable to future owners.
TIRE ROAD HAZARD DAMAGE COVERAGE
- Under certain conditions, your Mazda Added Protection now protects you against the cost for damages that occur when a tire fails as a direct result of a puncture, cut, bruise or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a public roadway.
- Protection for up to 5 years or 100,000 km.
- Enhancing peace-of-mind motoring protection.
ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING (OEM) PARTS COVERAGE
- In conjunction to your Mazda Added Protection term, in the event of physical damages and under certain conditions as described in the policies of your plan, Mazda Canada Inc. will pay for the difference in the amounts to repair your vehicle with OEM parts versus aftermarket parts.
- Ensures that your vehicle is repaired correctly every time with Mazda's authorised repair centres.
- MAP Add Coverage plans can be purchased prior to the expiration of New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans only.
- Mazda new vehicles must be registered and normally operated in Canada.
- MAP is not available for vehicles used as a taxi, courier/delivery services, police/security services, rental vehicles, snow removal or emergency services.
- Vehicles leased/sold for use in competition/racing or off-road activities are not eligible for MAP.
- MAP Add Coverage plans may be purchased by the original or subsequent owners.
For further details on limits or exclusions on the program, please consult your Mazda dealer.